Re: A stoopid question? (disk object balance)

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 14:55:01 +0200

Hi

> http://home.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.html.

> You don't want to randomly distribute requests as you'll end up with two
> copies of everything. You could have each one use the other as its
Sort of... only if you don't set them up as 'proxy-only'. There is still
always the case where a user presses 'shift-reload'... then it
gets duplicated.

> proxy-only parent for half the world, but it's easier (and faster) to do
> it in the browser.

You guys might want to look at:
draft-vinod-carp-v1-02.txt (from your nearest internet-drafts mirror)

And (for squid type setups)
http://naragw.sharp.co.jp/sps/

--
"Haven't slept at all. I don't see why people insist on sleeping. You feel
so much better if you don't. And how can anyone want to lose a minute -