configuration problem

From: Dorit Eitan <dorite@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 09:21:58 +0200 (IST)

Hi,
I need to configure a proxy in the following way: Access directly a list
of url's and all the rest take from your parent proxies. I have tried
using hierarchy_stoplist, always_direct and never_direct, but apparently
what happens now, is that url's that are not in the "direct" list, and are
not found in the parent's cache, are not brought at all, saying
NO_DIRECT_FAIL. This means that the proxy cannot get them since they are
not allowed direct access. So how do I cause the parent proxy to know it
is its job?

Thanks in advance,

Dorit Eitan,
UNIX Group,