Re: Slow responses

From: Markus Storm <Markus.Storm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 17:09:37 +0100

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Dancer wrote:

> We're going to be running squid up to some extremely high loads in the near f$
> (50 requests per second and higher). I'm looking on some data to pinpoint the$
> of activity levels where we should shift our monitoring services to paranoid
> data-gathering, so we can get good pictures of what squid is doing if it shou$
> start to fold up under the load.
>
> Who runs at that level of requests per second (peak)? Who runs higher than th$
> What's the highest peak request rate anyone is running?

Our peak was 120 UDP / 335 TCP per sec (enough for this exclusive circle ?
:-)).
We're also sometimes seeing the mentioned behaviour. After a restart,
everything is fine for some hours. It happens only during evening
hours which is not peak *squid* usage time but peak *line* usage time, so
I suspect it's somehow related to that (packet losses, retransmits, tcp
buffers,
whatever).
This is with Arjan's inofficial patch to make more efficient use of the
UN*X filesystem cache running on Solaris 2.6.

Markus