Https and secure ports

From: Johannes Magnusson <johanma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:20:47 +0000

Hi folks,

        why isn't squid listening for incoming client CONNECT request on an secure port, like 443 or 563? Are ssl CONNECT requests a kind of an tabu in within squid or is an secure connection not initiated from the client https_proxy variable? My corporate squid proxys running RH linux 4.2 and 5.0 don't seem to listen to these ports at all. My only comforting thought is that allmost every secure site uses dynamic pages with an url that contains a "?" or "cgi-bin" so I configured my clients not to send the https_port requests to the standard http_proxy port 3128.

        I hope somebody can humour me with some answers 8-)

        Greetings Joe

--
Johannes Magnusson
Netfang: johanma@rhi.hi.is