Re: (Fwd) [HARVEST:553] replacing doubleclick, etc. ads

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 03:46:43 +1000

I created a transparent 32x32 gif (http://www.brisnet.org.au/blank.gif).
Feel free to steal it.

Anything that matches my banner-stopping patterns gets redirected to it.
Most ads vanish. Some have width/height tags that rescale my transparent
gif to the right size (still vanishing), some have a border wrapped
around them (who cares. It might look a little odd, but I prefer to save
the pennies).

Yes, I do have a cheap and nasty redirector that does this...as well as
a few other things. I can't give out the All Singing All Dancing Tap
Dancing Topless On The Fridge(tm) code that I wrote for work, but I can
throw around this cheesy little thing. It doesn't perform well under
high request rates (go figure, it's perl, that's why...also the coding
is pretty primitive. It was late and I was in a hurry).

Quite a few people still use this ugly son of a sea-serpent, though. If
you want to as well, let me know. You're welcome to it.

--
Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will