Re: (Fwd) [HARVEST:553] replacing doubleclick, etc. ads

From: Bernd P. Ziller <bziller@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 13:28:03 +0100 (MET)

> Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:47:35 -0500 (EST)
> From: Bill Wichers <billw@unix0.waveform.net>

> Has anyone written a redirector in C that they can distribute? I have
> heard of people writing redirectors in C but I have yet to see any code
> for any of them. If someone could pass on what they've written to this
> effect I'd appreciate it. My current perl script, well, um, leaves a bit
> to be desired :-)

Ok, I'm one of these people, I started with the rredir.c in the
contrib directory of squid. My first version searched for strings
using strncmp() (it's still running on our local squid), but the
current version (only 5 Minutes old) now uses regcomp/regexec.

You can look at/fetch it from
 http://www.ba-stuttgart.de/~bziller/rredir.c

 It's only a quick hack, but I've tested it and piped our 'cut -c47-
cache/log' through it, to check if there are any memory holes (after I
checked the code for any, of course), just to be sure - rereading and
recompiling the regexps after each line.

 For a speed test: It took 5.143s reading 132037 URLs on our
HP9000/819.

Regards,

--
   Bernd                  bziller@ba-stuttgart.de