Using Junkbuster as the parent proxy of Squid

From: William M. Perkins <bill@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 18:09:25 -0500 (EST)

I have been using Junkbuster 2.0 with RedHat Linux 4.2 and 5.0 for
some time now, and I wanted to implement a www caching proxy as
well. Now the way I see of doing this is to setup Netscape to
feed its html request to the Squid proxy, and Squid would in turn
feed the request for an un-cached object to the website. The
data returned would be filtered by Junkbuster and than passed on
to Squid. Squid would cache the data and forward a copy to the
Netscape browser.

Now this seems to be a very straight forward process, but it is
unclear to me as to how you would configure the Squid proxy to
get it to act as a child to a parent proxy, in this case
Junkbuster.

It makes more sense to me to have the Junkbuster proxy handle the
connection with the website because it would prevent the Squid
proxy from caching data the browser should never see.

Now I am new here, so if this issue has all ready been beat to
death on this list, I apologize to list members, but I did find
a satisfactory answer in the list archives.

Bill

--
William M. Perkins                   E-mail - wperkins@us.net
The Greenwood                        UNIX Systems Administration