Re: squid for HP

From: N.Frasheri <nfra@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 19:19:37 +0100

Hi,
Hereunder there is execution of squid through gdb. Another detail, it had no
time to create any of log files. It seems a real stupid problem, I am going
to check it out, but anyway if it is a known problem I will be grateful for
any advice. Thank you.

Neki

# gdb squid
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (hppa1.1-hp-hpux9.04), Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/squid/bin/squid
warning: Unable to find __d_pid symbol in object file.
warning: Suggest linking with /usr/lib/end.o.
warning: GDB will be unable to track shl_load/shl_unload calls

Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
0x7affedd4 in _ungetc ()
(gdb) bt
#0 0x7affedd4 in _ungetc ()
#1 0x7affadf4 in _doscan ()
#2 0x7afe42b8 in _sscanf ()
#3 0x46d54 in safe_inet_addr (buf=0x31 <Address 0x31 out of bounds>,
    addr=0x400576d0) at safe_inet_addr.c:31
#4 0x31a58 in main (argc=1, argv=0x7b0330c4) at main.c:654
(gdb)

Sir,

I have always strange problems using hp cc compiler for squid.
As you remember, I have hp-ux9.04 and squid 1.1.20. May you give some
advice how to carry out the compilation by using cc instead of gcc?
Of course I modified the configure script to use cc -Ae, but perhaps there
is some other trick, or my system is for the recyclage ...

Thank you in advance.