Re: Deleting cache

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 14:46:04 +1000

Two ways you can do this:

The first way:
    Stop squid
    rm -rf <your cache directory>
    change cache_swap to a lower number.
    run 'squid -z' to build the cache dirs again.
    start squid up again.

The second way
    change cache_swap to a lower number.
    send a SIGHUP to squid.
    squid will trim back to the disk-usage you specify.

To my way of thinking number two is easer, since it sounds like you have to
change the value of cache_swap regardless.

PS: Read the manual, the FAQ, and the release notes. All this information is
there. You can find them through links at http://nlanr.net/Squid

--
Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will