Re: squid-1.2.x dies on linux

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 11:51:26 +1000

(S' not my problem, but I think I know what's happening to him)

At startup squid 1.2beta13/14 (for me) died at startup.

It took a while to track down, but what happened was that as soon as it had
configured itself, it would up in httpBuildRequestHeader() even though no
requests had been made. hdr_in was NULL and the assert axed it. I can
reproduce this particular one till the cows come home. I just patched it so
that hdr_in pointed off to a "\0" (if it was NULL) and things were workable
(if a little odd) thereafter.

Didn't I report that bug?

--
Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will