Re: (104) Connection reset by peer

From: Apiset Tananchai <aet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 16:54:16 +0700 (ICT)

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Michael Samuel wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Apiset Tananchai wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I got several "(104) Connection reset by peer" report from my user when
> > they try to access some site (which mostly run IIS, such as m$). The
> > problem usually went away after reload or just press <back> <forward>
> > button in the browser. I try to hack some codein to do something similar
> > to what connection-retry patch do but have no luck getting it to work.
>
> The retry patch works very well at fixing this problem. I have installed
> that, and it works great. Don't bother reinventing the wheel :-)
>

> > Do you have the same problem? Is someone ever done something like this? Or
> > could you give me a hint where should I start. (I'm not familiar with
> > squid code)
>
> Yep, download the retry patch from ftp://ftp.comshare.com/pub/squid
> It works great, and will increase your hit rate incredibly.
>
> (Thanks again to Michael Pelletier for that patch)

I already apply that patch to my squid server but the problem still occur
(approximately once a minute). If I remember correctly, Michael Pelletier
used to told me that the connection-retry patch has nothing to do after
the connection to www server established so it would not solve my problem.
I want something that will retry connection that get "Connection reset by
peer" error a few times befor give up.

Thanks for you help.

--
aet