squid not accepting any more connections for a while

From: Robert Koruna <robert.koruna@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 13:31:58 +0000

Hello,

the problem I have is that I access my squid with 5 clients
(HTTP-transfers) and if someone gets the wrong site, squid stands
still, isn't accepting any new connection. If I try to reach any URL
I can't see my request in the access.log.
Then some time is passing by, and it's working again.
Anybody had the same problem ???
This especially occured while using squid as ftp-proxy, I stopped
this for the moment. Stopping ftp-transfers helped, but squid is
still hanging some times a day.
Restarting squid helps, but that's not the solution I'm searching.

Help appreciated,

Robert

for.

Robert Koruna <robert.koruna@tiwag.co.at>