squid listening on port 80

From: Oeschey, Lars <Oeschey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 17:24:23 +0100

Hi,

we´re currently running MS Proxy on NT, but it performs very bad, so
that i want to switch to a linux system. I installed squid there, but
from the documentation it looks like it cannot run as proxy on port 80,
but only as httpd-accelerator. Since our 2000+ clients are all
configured for port 80, i cannot use another one. So my question is, can
squid listen on port 80 as proxy, and does there perhaps exist a sample
configuration for that? Or do I need to use another proxy software and
if so, which does exist?
Please reply via e-mail, since i´m not subscribed (yet) as i don´t know
if I can use it ;)

Lars

   Lars Oeschey -- Saturn und MediaMarkt Gesellschaft fuer
Informationsverarbeitung
   System and Server-Management
mailto:oeschey@media-saturn.com