Re: Squid & fork

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 17:04:32 +1000

It is true. Squid does not fork at all. It is more efficient that way. Squid is
quite capable of handling many hundreds of connections at the same time,
without forking.

Pavel P. Zabortsev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it the truth that squid do NOT fork itself when an request have arrived?
> That is in each moment only one copy (!) of squid works.
> I think that it results in decline of productivity!
> But maybe I did not found how to force squid to start some copies itself?
> How I can do that?
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Pavel
> Pavel P. Zabortsev e-mail: ppz@cdu.elektra.ru,
> Software engineer ppz@usa.net
> CDO UPS of Russia, Moscow voice: (095) 220-4350, 220-4513

Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will
be limited, and you take the risk of sarcasm and ridicule.