RE: shift+reload in MSIE

From: Powell, Chris (MUN) <Chris.Powell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 03:04:45 -0600

The Cache Limit for IE (on NT at least) is to be found in (with all the
usual cavets regarding editing Registry keys):

   H_KEY_CURRENT_USER\
       Software\
            Microsoft\
                Windows\
                    CurrentVersion\
                          InternetSettings\
                              Cache\

and under this you will find (amongst others) two subkeys: Content and
Cookies. Under these subkeys will be found the relevant key:
CacheLimit which, for Content at least, is in Kbytes.

I have found that since IE v4.01, that IE acts a lot more like Netscape,
especially with the HTTP that is output. It certainly behaves itself
with cacheing much better than previous versions. Changing HTTP/1.0 or
HTTP/1.1 settings made no difference that I could discern.

Regards
      Chris
Compaq Munich +49 89 9933 2607
mailto:webmaster.eur@compaq.com or