Re: Web search engine (might be offtopic)

From: Tsuneo Yoshioka <tsuneo-y@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 00:09:08 +0900

Hello.

linz> Dont know how relevant this is to squid but i'm looking at setting up a
linz> search engine on my linux server, i run apache and squid at the moment.
linz>
linz> Can anyone recommend good search engines to me, I use RedHat Linux 4.2
linz> with kernel 2.0.32 (have to upgrade to .33 soon)
linz>
linz> I have Excite for web servers but not sure if this is a good option or if
linz> there are better packages.
linz>
linz> Also are their any squid cache searching tools? (I haven't explored squid
linz> very much yet)
I make(am making) tools that search Pages at Proxy Server.
This program use freewais-sf & squid.
And, This program support Distributed Proxy Servers.
If you are interested in this program, please try to use this program and comment me.
(This program is Beta version. if you have problem, please mail.)
You can get this program at under URL.
        http://shika.aist-nara.ac.jp/~tsuneo-y/soft/proxysearch/

Yoshioka Tsuneo
Nara Institute of Science & Technology.