RE: NoCaching of special domains

From: Michael Samuel <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 21:46:11 +1100 (EST)

I don't understand why you don't want to cache local hosts, but I can say
taht it would be easier to configure you're web server to tell the proxy
not to cache documents, then it would be to configure squid not to cache
stuff from those servers.

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Rania Fakhoury wrote:

> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 12:07:47 +0200
> From: Rania Fakhoury <raniaf@cyberia.net.lb>
> To: "'squid-users@nlanr.net'" <squid-users@nlanr.net>
> Subject: RE: NoCaching of special domains
>

> Hi,
>
> I search on squid doc & faq and found that the only way not to cache local
> domains is to use cache_stoplist. But I have 100 local domains I do not
> want to cache. Can we use a file to hold this domains and use???
> cache_stop_list '/etc/localdomains'
> or may be use cache_stop_pattern
>
> How can I find more information about cache_stop_pattern.
>
> Running squid 1.1.20 on linux box
>
> Rania

Michael Samuel,

Surf-Net City - Internet Cafe and Internet Service Providers
Phone: +61 3 9593-9977
E-Mail: <michael@surfnetcity.com.au>
WWW: http://www.surfnetcity.com.au/~michael/