Re: 1.1.17NOVM Connect-Retry Patch

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 02:40:49 +1000

While we're on the subject of patches, I've got a tentative patch that makes
squid go direct as a last resort for a host beyond-the-firewall. It's a
replacement strategy for those of us who have direct options but only want to
use them as a last resort when no parents are reachable, and it replaces the
'No blah blah and the host is beyond your firewall' message output.

Let me know if there's any interest in this. The patches, while fairly
simple, aren't yet relative _to_ any particular version of squid....except my
particular uglied up, hacked, and modified one. If enough people are
interested in the direct-as-a-last-resort patch, I'll do something about it.
Otherwise, I won't.

--
Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will