Re: limit ftpget: URGENT!!!

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 03:33:34 +1000

Andrew A. Razdolsky wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Can i limit numbers of ftpget processes on my box?
>
> Thank you for any answers

The only ways I can think of are:

1) Encourage the users not to make so many ftp requests.
2) Use a parent for your ftp requests, and let _them_ run all the ftpget
processes.
3) If the requests are for the same basic document locations, each-time,
try a refresh pattern that maintains those objects in your cache longer
between checks.

IIRC, you get one ftpget process for every ftp request made by a client,
which persists until the ftp fetch is completed. Not much you can do
about it, really.

Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will
be limited, and you take the risk of sarcasm and ridicule.