Re: storeGetSwapSpace

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 23:07:30 +0100

Yee Man Chan wrote:

> I don't see any LRU code in It only removes
> expired objects. Moreover, it calls storeGetSwapSpace(0) at the end. So,
> where is the LRU?

It is there (storeMaintainSwapSpace.). The expire date is calculated
both as object life time and last reference. See storeCheckExpired.

In storeMaintainSwapSpace a object is regarded as expired if:
1. The object lifetime has expired
2. The object has not been accessed within the LRU max age. LRU max age
is based on reference_age in squid.conf, and how close to cache_swap_max
your cache is.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker