Re: diskHandleWrite: FD 32: disk write error: (32) Broken pipe

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 02:24:39 +0100

Rania Fakhoury wrote:
> The FD is for unlinkd . Does it mean anything?

Yes, a great deal.

For unlinkd FDs EPIPE is a valid error code, telling that there is
nothing listening at the other end of the connection to unlinkd. The
error is probably that unlinkd has exited/crashed without Squid knowing
about it.

It beats me why thought. unlinkd is very very simple and I can't see how
it could crash, unless the machine has other problems.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker