Re: Blacklist project proposal (was Re: Banner ad blocker? Anyone with a good blocklist...)

From: Michael Samuel <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:53:41 +1100 (EST)

Ok, I tried this myself, and I am 99% of the way there...

I tried to write a proxy-autoconfig script, which will block banner ads,
so my users can choose whether they want them blocked or not.

I had the idea of redirecting all banner adds that match the regexp to the
web server, which will give a 403 Forbidden message.

Unfortunately, I failed miserably while playing with the shExpMatch
parameter, mainly due to the fact that I couldn't find any docs on shell
expressions (which are different to regular expressions).

Does anybody have a working example one they can send me? (Or give an
accessable URL for)

Sorry if this is a little bit off topic.

Michael Samuel,

Surf-Net City - Internet Cafe and Internet Service Providers
Phone: +61 3 9593-9977
E-Mail: <michael@surfdirect.com.au>
WWW: http://www.surfnetcity.com.au/~michael/