Re: Transferred file size limit

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:45:35 -0500 (EST)

Actually, it is possible to limit the request size that Squid will handle.
maximum_object_size sets the largest object size that will be *cached*,
while request_size sets the largest object size that will be
*transferred*.

I found this setting the hard way when some gamer was getting all mad that
squid wouldn't let him download some massive demo. What woul happen is
that squid would get up to the request_size limit (something like 16 MB at
the time) and then dump the connection for the user. I now use a
request_size of 96 MB (request_size 98304) and all seems to be well -- at
least until someone releases a 97 MB software package :-)

        -Bill