Re: File descriptor

From: Pascal Launay <Pascal.Launay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:29:57 +0100

Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, A. Saeed wrote:
> >Read the FAQ , there is a link over there.
> >
> Yes I have and everything is clear to me except for the kernel version.
>
> It says the patch works with 2.0.30, but what are the experiences with 2.0.31,
> 32 and 33 ????
> --
>
> Sinisa

I've manually patched a 2.0.32 kernel and it worked fine, my linux box is now running with a limit
of 1024 fd.
The patch for version 2.0.30 doesn't work 'automatically' with newer kernel versions, but you can
easily edit the sources files and manually replace the lines about the max number of FD by referring
to the patch (this lines haven't change that much from source 2.0.30 to 2.0.32), then recompile the
kernel...and squid.

Pascal Launay
CRI de l'université de Nantes
02 40 37 49 65