Re: DNS server + Transparent Proxy

From: Michael Samuel <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 22:44:13 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, A.Saeed wrote:

> What will be the solution of this problem.
>
> To make our DNS more efficient and faster ??

Unfortunately, there is no solution. It's the price you pay for
transparent proxying.

It's not as bad as you think, this is what your clients would have to put
up with if they didn't use a proxy at all.

I use transparent proxying myself, but only as a fallback. I still tell
my users to configure the proxy cache manually via their web browser, and
the transparent proxy catches those that don't do it.

Michael Samuel,

Surf-Net City - Internet Cafe and Internet Service Providers
Phone: +61 3 9593-9977
E-Mail: <michael@surfdirect.com.au>
WWW: http://www.surfnetcity.com.au/~michael/