Re: port 207? what?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 23:51:05 +0100

Spencer P. wrote:

> I am testing out my squid config (before it goes up completely and ready).
>
> I am using it as an httpd accellorator. it accepts http requests on port
> 81 of a virtual (apache virtual) server and fetches from the same ip.
> problem is it isn't fetching from port 80 but port 207. I am using the
> accel config line
>
> httpd_accel virtual 207.145.137.211 80

The syntax of httpd_accel is
httpd_accel <host> <port>

So your httpd_accel line should read
httpd_accel 207.145.137.211 80

If you have Host: based virtual servers (several virtual servers sharing
one IP address), then you need to enable Host: parsing.
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
Make sure that you set up proper ACL lists as well, to only allow
requests for your own servers. Squid blindly accepts any Host: header
sent, and uses this as the host to contact.

Setting up a accelerator for Host: based virtual hosts is a bit tricky,
and you probably won't get Apache to recognise your virtual hosts as the
Host: header contains wron port number. There is several ways around
this problem (look back a few days in the squid-users archives).

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker