Problems with ftp and squid 1.1.21

From: Bradley White <pestilence@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 16:56:12 -0800 (PST)

        I am running squid 1.1.21 on BSD/OS 3.1. I am having great
difficulty with the FTP proxy portion of Squid. The proxy is up and
running fine as far as http traffic is concerned. However, FTP sessions,
more often than not fail. They fail in interesting ways. Sometimes they
"freeze" somewhere during the transfer and then time out. Other times
they go only part way through the transfer and the close out, without
actually downloading the entire file. Sometimes(rarely) they complete
correctly. Please help.

Bradley White
<brad@lightspeed.net>