Transparent proxy, ip-filter, solaris

From: Sherif Diaa El-Din - Email <sherifd1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 17:36:56 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

can anyone help me about installing a transparent proxy ?

I installed ip-filter package on solaris 2.4 and added the rule in ipnat
rdr le0 0.0.0.0/0 80 -> <localhost> port 3128 tcp

and installed squid on port 3128, what happens is everything works fine
except for http, when the client makes a request, no responce is recieved
I applied these rules to the squid.conf
        http_port 3128
        icp_port 3130
        httpd_accel virtual 3128
        httpd_accel_with_proxy on

I applied Henrik's patch :
     Squid-1.1.20: Enable virtual and Host: based acceleration

now requests try to contact the httpd server on port 80 on localhost, but
since there isn't one installed , squid returns error message connection
refused to the ip of the same solaris machine , seems it does not
understand that a remote host is the one requested

any help ?

best regards
sherif