Exceeding Swap maxSize

From: <hal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 14:31:23 -0500 (EST)

Greetings, I am running Squid Cache version 1.1.10 for sparc-sun-solaris2.6.
and have the maximum disk space set to 500 megabytes with he following line in
squid.conf

cache_swap 500

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to have any effect since my cache usage has
grown to over 2 gigabytes. What is wrong? Is there any way to set the maximum?

I have tried using a higher version of squid, however I always encounter the
interesting problem of it shutting down for no reason after a few minutes of
usage. It appears to be receiving a signal from some other process to shutdown.
I've read about this problem before, but never heard of the solution or reason
why this happens.

-- Hal A. Lightwood <hal@air.on.ca>
-- Air Internet System Administrator
-- http://www.air.on.ca/~hal