Re: deleting a certain page in cache

From: Bernd P. Ziller <bziller@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 07:31:31 +0100 (MET)

> From: "Robert Koruna" <robert.koruna@tiwag.co.at>

> I have the need to reset my cache cause it died and now it shows me
> the wrong gifs on the wrong position. But I don't want to clean all
> my cache. Is there a possibility to delete only this one site ???

> Is it possible to delete all this site entries in the log file in the
> cache directory ???

> Are there scripts to delete one certain site.

First you have to activate the PURGE method in your cache. (see
http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/FAQ/FAQ-7.html#ss7.5)

Then with a squid 1.1.x do something like:

grep -F http://the.site/ /path/to/cache/log | cut -c47- |
 while read url
  do client -m PURGE -h squid-host -p squid-port $url
 done

Regards,

--
   Bernd                  bziller@ba-stuttgart.de