Re: Transperant HTTP Redundancy.

From: John Cougar <cougar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 13:20:42 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Paul Gauthier wrote:

> Both the fault tolerance feature and the true unified
> cluster cache work in both transparent and non-transparent
> configurations. This is not true of any other products of which
> I am aware.

You'll find that the NetApp NetCache is employing very similar
contingencies for redundancy and load balancing using a clustering schema
(for which I hope to be receiving some data soon).

It would be _very_ interesting to perform some cross-platform evaluations
on this technology and it's use ... I would guess I'm one of the few in a
position to do such trials, the results of which I will happily publish
when they are finalised.

> Let me know if I can provide you with any more specific details.

Yes, please. I could use an update on the very latest info., when you
have it ready.

John.

John V Cougar | Voice: 1800 065 744
Telstra Internet | E-Mail: cougar@telstra.net