Re: Squid 1.2beta18 and SNMP

From: Kostas Anagnostakis <kostas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 01:25:34 -0700 (MST)

Squid's SNMP agent should actually run on port 3401. If you absolutely
need to run it on port 161 this would require squid to run as root.

For MRTG you will need some modifications (mainly to display per minute
rather than per second rates, and for using port 3401). A "need-some-work"
patch for mrtg, plus sample configuration can be found at:

http://www.nlanr.net/Cache/cache-snmp/mrtg-demo

Hope this helps!
-Kostas

ps: I've poorly tested squid running snmp on 161, if this is indeed a bug,
please be so kind and send some debugging info ( debug_level 49,9 would
be it).