Re: squid 1.1.21 dies with signal 6 every hour

From: Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 15:57:50 +0200 (CEST)

> Well, it's not actually dying _every_ hour, if I read it
> correctly...It's dying after 60 minutes of operation, which is something
> quite a bit different.

No, it dies nearly on the hour (is that correct english ?) as you can see
in the logfile: at 9:00:08, 10:00:09, 11:00:08, 12:00:08, 14:00:15,...

I can start it whenever I want, it dies (in case it dies) on the hour.
It is then restarted automatically by RunCache.

But it dies only if there is client activity, e.g. it died not in
the time from Friday night until now (Sunday) when the company is
closed.

> Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
> If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will
> be limited, and you take the risk of sarcasm and ridicule.

Yes, and the changes between the releases as well. 1.1.20 was running well
all the time and I didn't see any hints in the ChangeLog regarding this
problem.

Thanks,

        -Andre