redirector as acl

From: Rodney D. Holm <rodneyh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:30:53 -0700 (MST)

I would like to make the redirector an acl, similar to the work done by
Arjan de Vet and changing the proxy_auth to an acl parameter. If any of the
developers know of a canned way to do this or would like to help I think it
would be a valuable feature. Together with the proxy_auth patch one have a
setup where users could be given full access using a password, no access at all
or sent to the redirector program if their username was in a different list:

Here is an example:

acl full_access user joeblow
acl no_access user johndoe
acl filter_access user sally
acl send_them redirect
acl passwd proxy_auth

http_access allow full_access passwd
http_access allow filter_access send_them
http_access deny no_access
http_access deny all

This way I could specify users that would have to go through the redirector
program to be able to <insert you favorite internet browsing term here>.

Any hints or help appreciated.

Rodney D. Holm                  rodneyh@apexxtech.com
Apexx Technology, Inc.          http://www.apexxtech.com