Re: Dealing with SPAM

From: David Kelly <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 10:50:31 +0200

At 13:33 31/03/98 -0700, Duane Wessels wrote:
>David J N Begley writes:
>
>>Duane, could this list be made postings-only-by-members please?
>
>It could be. I think we would end up cutting out
>more legitimate messages than SPAM, but if enough
>people want squid-users to operate that way I'll set it up.
>
>Note, my spam policy is to add offending sites/relays to our
>TCP wrappers deny file. It doesn't stop all SPAM, but it does
>prevent repeats from the same source.

I agree. I bet there are a lot of squid users out there who need to post
the occassional cry for help to the list but don't want to wade through 30
odd messages a day being a member of the list.

Regards,

David

---
David Kelly - Systems Administrator - Samara Services
Zimbabwe's leading ISP - Tel: 708059, Fax: 708055
IRC: MindPower@irc.samara.co.zw - ICQ: 3742164
Homepage: http://www.samara.co.zw/xtc/
---