Trasparent Proxy + ERR_C0NNECT_FAIL!!!

From: Riccardo Vratogna <vrato@dont-contact.us>
Date: 4 Apr 98 19:10:06 -0100

If you use trasprent proxy Please read this message:

I using squid (1.21) in trasparent proxy since 6 month
in a linux machine with 6Gb of HD and 128MB of Ram.But my user
report me a very NOISE problem. Often squid report this error:

host down OR operation alredy in progess.

After some reload in the browse , squid show
the page correctly.

I've check the log it reports: ERR_C0NNECT_FAIL. I've check the
site while squid write this error in the log, and the site is
up and work! I've try to disable squid and the page show
correctly!

Anyone have this problem?
Any idea to solve this very noise problem?

Squid cfg:

http_port 80
source_ping off
cache_mem 48