Re: Netscape versus IE with proxy autoconfig

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 03:09:01 +1000

The answer seems to be yes.

Most of the time (some people suggest that it is all the time, but
empirical evidence disagrees) IE3/IE4 just seems to return random values
from any function that is part of an automatic proxy script.

If you want the script to work identically on Netscape and MSIE, don't
use any functions, and try to use numeric addresses instead of names
(MSIE has a few hassles with those, as well).

--
Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will