Re: restarting squid

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 18:48:50 +1000

No. If you shutdown or reconfigure squid, squid:
(1) Stops taking new connections
(2) connections are given shutdown_lifetime seconds to finish (defined
in squid.conf). If all the connections finish before the timeout, squid
proceeds to step (4).
(3) After shutdown_lifetime seconds have passed, all connections are
closed.
(4) squid commences reconfiguring or shutting down.

Shamil R. Yahin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What happens with existing http and ftp connections
> if I restart squid. Are they resumed or not?
>
> Sincerely,
> Shamil

> Shamil R. Yahin -=*=- Email: sshy@nsu.ru
> Novosibirsk State University Internet Center

Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will
be limited, and you take the risk of sarcasm and ridicule.