Feature requests for squid

From: <pedward@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 18:06:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

 I've recently been evaluating squid for use in a high volume commercial
evironment, and had some suggestions/questions regarding squid.

I recently found out (after many hours of debugging my squid.conf) that
squid will not use ICP and query peer servers if it is configured for
httpd accelerator mode.

We are planning on serving a very large volume of content, and would like
to utilize the ICP peering mechanisms to speed things up. Is it possible
to enable this for accelerator mode (with a simple hack) or is there some
fundamental reason why it's disabled?

Second, a suggestion for logging, when loggin request information, include
the referer of the request too (the user agent in included). Currently
I've got it set to log all the headers (I want to keep my mods to squid
as little as possible and work at it from an outside, black box perspective
WRT custom development, this way we aren't locked into a specific version
because of extensive hacks).

Feel free to ask me questions, I'd like to provide much input on Squid,
specifically because I'm looking at it from a commercial implementation
perspective and I think that could be valuable to the Squid project.

Thanks,

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington        System Software Engineer    zelur xuniL  ()
http://www.webcom.com  perry.harrington@webcom.com  Think Blue.  /\