squid 1.2 problem(s)

From: Byron Jones <byronj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 14:04:13 +0800

greetings

here's a problem i've been having since i upgraded our server to version
1.2 of squid. i've emailed this list about this problem before, but more
information is at hand ..

when i visit a page with internet explorer 4 on the mac (insert
anti-microsloth comments here) that has temporarily or permanetly moved, i
get the wonderful error message "unable to load <url>".

all was working with ie4 perfectly until i upgraded to 1.2 :(

so .. has anything changed across versions that might affect what squid
returns for 301/302's ? if i knew C i'd look - bit i don't <sobs>

following is two example of problem pages ..

[byronj@purple bin]$ client http://gpu.srv.ualberta.ca/~mmalowan/Picks.html
HTTP/1.0 302 Moved Temporarily