Re: file desciptor on linux > 2.0.33

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 14:07:59 +0200

Hi

Firstly - the linux patch DOES work with 2.0.33... running it here without
any modifications...

> Ok, I've been looking at the filedescriptor threads for a while now and
> have always been baffled at why a *patch* is needed... why not do it nice
> and manually?

You can do it the way you had it - the problem is that there is still
a limit of 1024 fd's... which is way to low for me...

The other patch uses malloc so as to allocate ram for much larger amounts.
The default is 3000, but getting it higher is a different matter.

Also - try do it your way and then run './configure'... it won't know that
you have more than 256... another reason for the patch.

Oskar