Re: peering

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 12:23:05 +0800

> Hi
>
> We've set up a new peering link where the peer is allowed to access our
> cache as a sibling for cache hits, but is not allowed to pull through out
> cache.
>
> I am seeing this...
>
> 894341279.884 1393 203.22.101.5 TCP_REFRESH_HIT/200 619 GET
> http://www.colorado.edu/images/nav-info.gif -
> PARENT_HIT/proxy2.syd.connect.com.au image/gif
>
> Which to me looks like they are able to pull through our cache (thus costing
> us money). Am I right or wrong on this point?

Most likely wrong.

> We have other peers, everyone is configured exactly the same, yet this new
> link is the only one showing up like this.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated. We are running squid-1.1.20

I believe this is in the faq, but in a different context.
You probably have different refresh rules to them.

(In the faq, the context would be to do with miss_access and permission
denied.)

Since you're in Australia, it seems popular to standardize cache hierarchies
on the SAIX refresh rules (also used as WAIX, PARNet, etc) - you might
consider using them on all your caches and requiring all who peer with
you to do so to. (if you don't want to use that set, make your own or
find some others - the SAIX ones seem the most common I've seen used at
present)

David.