Re: Dialup config on Linux

From: Gordon Scott <gordon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 08:53:24 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Duane Wessels wrote:

> Add your parent's name/address to your /etc/hosts file,

That should work.....

> or install named on your home machine.

That may not work for us demonites. When I tried that, I found that the
web-cache dns entries had very short expire times on them -- something
like 90 minutes? I actually gave squid the IP address, but the hosts
file and an appropriate hosts,bind order should do the trick. Despite
that short expiry, demon's web-cache IP address has only changed once
since I've been using it.

Gordon,

--
Gordon Scott		 Opinions expressed are my own.
gordon@multitone.co.uk   (official)	gordon@mepsys.demon.co.uk  (backdoor)