Cisco route-map for transparent proxy

From: S. Faruque Ahmed <sfque@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 22:29:42 +0600

Hello All,

Sorry if this might not be the correct forum, but I did not receive an
answer from a Cisco mailing list. Thought someone might know something on
it since this really is a special application.

I have a Linux box running squid on accelerator mode with ipfwadm
redirection to take care of transparent proxying. Everything is fine for
packets being routed through this box, i.e. it re-directs all www requests
etc, etc.

But I would like to redirect the WWW requests from dial-in users on a Cisco
NAS located on the same network to this box also. I tried using
"route-map" feature on the Cisco with the following:-

route-map www-redirect, permit, sequence 10
  Match clauses:
    ip address (access-lists): 110
  Set clauses:
    ip next-hop xxx.xxx.120.65 xxx.xxx.120.193
  Policy routing matches: 30 packets, 1350 bytes

Extended IP access list 110
    permit tcp xxx.xxx.95.192 0.0.0.31 any eq www

interface Async16
 ip unnumbered Ethernet0
 ip access-group 160 out
 ip policy route-map www-redirect
 encapsulation ppp
 async dynamic address
 async mode interactive
 peer default ip address xxx.xxx.95.210
 no cdp enable

It is supposed to re-route packets entering via the Async interfaces to the
next hop xxx.xxx.120.65; i.e. the Linux box, or the next-next hop
xxx.xxx.120.193, the default route.
But I am not getting any packets received on the Linux box from the Cisco,
eventhough the route-map rule shows activity, as you can see above. Could
someone tell me whether I am missing something? Could comeone tell me what
sort of packets I'm supposed to be getting on the Linux box (maybe I
stupidly missed something in the ipfwadm rules) ?

Thanks in advance.
SFQ
GOS