Transparent Proxying + NO Transparent Proxying.

From: Vicente Orjales Padin <orjales@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 20:16:44 +0200

We use Squid 1.1.21 as cache system on a Red Hat Linux 5.0. We have some
users that use it as proxy configuring the Browser. The rest use it as
transparent proxy.

Really uses all users the same cache??.
If a user thats brings a page using transparent proxying and Squid saves
it in cache, another user using Squid without transparent proxying
brings the same page, recovers it from cache of from original site???

Can reduce extremely the perfomance use Squid as normal proxy and
transparent proxy at the same moment ???

Vicente Orjales Padín.
mailto:orjales@eixe.ei.uvigo.es
Laboratorio de Proyectos / Project Lab.
E.U.E.T.I.X.