Re: ACESwitch 110 and squid

From: Stewart Forster <slf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 09:05:07 +1000

Hiya,

        You need to create a second (virtual) IP address for each of your
two squid servers and load balance to those. The ACE 110 doesn't support
direct connections to a load balanced address. We just kept our original
IP address, created a second virtual interface with a different IP (of
course) on each server, restarted squid, (make sure its configured to bind
to all interfaces [default]), and then set up the ACE dir to load balance
across the two new IP's on port 3128.

        Hope that helps,

                Stew.

--
Stewart Forster (Snr. Development Engineer)
connect.com.au pty ltd, Level 9, 114 Albert Rd, Sth Melbourne, VIC 3205, Aust.