/cache/log file woes

From: Mark Reynolds <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 13:13:15

From the faq:

  The only logfile you should never delete is the file
  cleverly named log which normally exists in the first
  cache_dir directory. This file contains the meta data
  needed to rebuild the cache when squid starts up.
  Deleting this file effectively wipes out your cache.

I had a script restart squid so often that it didn't
get time to rebuild the cache on startup properly.

So now I have 2 gig of cache data which I understand
will disappear when I restart squid :-(

Is it possible to recreate this file?