squid hanging

From: Mark A. Downing <mdowning@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 08:34:28 -0700

I have been experiencing a problem where squid will run for weeks at a
time, and then all of a sudden stop responding. This then occurs frequently
at random times for a while, and then suddenly stops. I recently upgraded
to 1.1.21 in hopes that this problem will stop, but it has not. If I send
squid a HUP everything seems to be fine for short period of time. If I
reboot, it may recur in a matter of days.

I am running redhat 5 with kernel 2.0.33. The only thing I see in the log
is ERR_READ_TIMEOUT: on a specific url or two.

Has anyone experienced this type of behavior?

--Mark
-----
Mark A. Downing Relational Data Systems
Phone:(714)263-3899 x157 30 Executive Park, Suite 260
Reply to: mdowning@rdatasys.com Irvine, CA 92714
http://www.rdatasys.com/