Re: Connection Lifetime Expired

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 20:24:36 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Apiset Tananchai wrote:

> The problem is that user get "Client Lifetime Expired" page
> (ERR_LIFETIME_EXP page) always returned from squid when this happen. If it
> behave like what you said, user shouldn't get anything return from squid,
> right? And they blaim squid for returning that page instead of what they
> want.

I have hundreds of those debug messages on my test box and no
ERR_LIFETIME_EXP pages. The messages you see are generated virtually for
_every_ persistent connection. Without detailed debugging and analysis you
cannot say that just because you see those messages, they lead to
ERR_LIFETIME_EXP pages/bugs...

There is probably some other bug that causes connections to expire
prematurely. :(

> I've read squid-1.2b21 change log and found a bug fix for keep_alive
> and persistent connection from broken browser, this may help. I'll give it
> a try.

Would not hurt, but note that the "broken client" fix affects old Netscape
browsers only (version 3.x).

Alex.