RE: Round robin parents get the same URL

From: ADELINE E InfoEmiAsp <Emmanuel.Adeline@dont-contact.us>
Date: 28 May 1998 11:39:00 +0200

Thanks to Duane WESSELS 's reply, I think I understand what happens.
It is mainly related to the Integralis Websweeper non ICP parents.
The websweepers do a lot of content analysis stuff which can be very slow. So
they periodically generate so-called "conforting messages" which are basically
HTML pages telling the users to kindly wait.
But the very last conforting message is not really a conforting message but
rather the initial URL requested by the user. And then the user is supposed to
 receive all the requested document very quickly (direct transfer between the
Websweeper and the browser).
But this last conforting message is seen as regular URL by the Squid, so the
parent is round robin selected; And if this parent is not the same as the
parent selected during the real user request, all the websweeper stuff must be
 done again.

The HTTP 302 is generated by the Websweepers.
And the 3 minutes delay is the time needed by a Websweeper to analyze the
content of the nsps35.tar.gz file.

So what I think would be great would be a URL hashing algorithm to select the
parent. This way, the same URL request would be always forwarded to the same
Websweeper.

Any comments?

Emmanuel.